Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cruises For 30 Somethings What Do I Need To Do To Get 18 MPG With My 4-cylinder 1996 GMC Sonoma Up To 30 MPG Where It's Supposed To Be?

What do I need to do to get 18 MPG with my 4-cylinder 1996 GMC Sonoma up to 30 MPG where it's supposed to be? - cruises for 30 somethings

I received about my answers, handling and the actual performance of gasoline in the world should not be too tired, so good. First, there is nothing wrong with my driving, not the gas gun, I had the cruise control on highway 55-60 MPH, not least, the extra weight in the back, I drive slow in comparison to almost everyone, and, last but not least,
IT'S A 4-cylinder with only 120 hp!

I was driving a 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix LE with a V6 with 180K miles and fuel consumption was much better.


There must be something wrong with her, although to be punished.

What should I do to this puppy up to 30 mpg, where it should get?

As I said earlier, is 120 hp 4-cylinder For Crying Out Loud, and more than 300 hp Camaro Z28s No Better Than This ......

5 comments:

TitoBob said...

OK, the sound of good behavior. When was the last time there was a tune-up is completed? Did not check the compression on all cylinders and was good? This new cabin air filter, or if it is not new, is clean enough? Your tires are inflated to the maximum recommended pressure (on the side)? Are the front wheels - and maybe back - lined up correctly?

I think it is better to cross a very competent mechanic with all the diagnostic tools to a full on.

Mikld said...

Where did you get that 30 mpg figure? Is not in the real world 18 mpg bad, even for a four-cylinder mid-size SUV.

It's about the efficiency of your engine to do. Some engines do not only get excellent mileage, no matter what you do. When an engine not specifically designed for high mpg, then you will not get them. The engine needs X amount of gas to get to 120 hp, while another engine 1/2X enough to have the same HP.

GMC 4-cylinder engines were never known for their fuel efficiency, For Crying Out Loud.

smokey said...

have a performance audit to determine the diagnosis, whether it be a problem with the vehicle

Aoun said...

This usually happens when cars get older. like my parents Chrysler 4-cylinder is 18 miles per gallon when you bought it at 28 mpg in the city. Get your vehicle checked. There is an opening in the tank, the gas engine is. Time begins to obstruct the view and are less fuel into the engine. Start the engine needs more fuel and makes less mileage.

BarneyFi... said...

begins with a setting to ensure that all fluid levels are, which were scanned to see if one of the sensors work properly, and check your brakes to ensure that they do not go. Topper do?, Wind resistance won 't help either, fuel injection cleaner (I prefer Chevron Techron) air pressure in tires is 4WD? Do not expect when she is 30 more like 22, I hope to be able helps.My 2000 GMC 1500 Size 4 WD get 18mpg, so I do not see why not

Post a Comment